Wednesday, August 03, 2005

schrreeeeeechhhhh... metro stops people from .... stealing?

Every day I walk out to my cute little car, start it up, head to WAWA to grap my morning smiley-face-in-a-cup, wonder why people other than construction workers and myself go to wawa, then get back in my car and speed off ....

Towards my own private traffic jam. Oh how i love the traffic jam. Honestly. I hit it every morning in the same place. Its my symbol of continuity in the universe, the world's expression of a two thumbs up film.

Not only do traffic jams provide people watching time, a coffee intake respite, and even a little exercise (see bob karate and beauty of car dancing)they provide solace from the strains of the train. I love driving, I loathe the train. If I hadn't moved to the burbs and hadn't worked with damned hippies for so long I would never take public transportation. And Yes I am one of few similar riders of my train. An outcast. It sucks.

On the brightside, my car most likely won't be jacked. Why?
Beause WMATA says auto theft is down 40 percent at its parking lots. One purported reason: the SmarTrip card now required for parking fee payment is too much of a hassle for thieves.

---------------------That's right folks. Theives will not pay the $4 that it cost to take my car out of the lot. Come on. Is four dollars really that much to pay for a nice commuter's car? In all honesty most of the cars out in that lot have at least 4 bucks within them to repay your debt.

Ok. Maybe not my car. But I know that Jaguar next to me and the cromed-out escalade on the opposite side do. This just serves as a showcase of what is wrong with our society; that even our theives are lazy and underfunded. Or at least they suffer from the common dc-affliction of misappropriation of funds.

currently listening... to Jamie cullum c/o mel. she's right. I love it.

No comments: