Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Cars and Bars.

I enjoy my new car. Its sonic blue. its fast. thus, people tend to watch it intently as it goes by. not necessarily because the driver is worth attention, but because the car is beautiful.

I have always thought that there is a reason why you see girls in hot cars. not because they are the prettiest, but because they understand that the reason guys get fast/pretty/expensive cars is the same reason why a less than model-like girl would get one... they want to compensate for something/and/or/want to be noticed.

It works. People notice pretty stuff. It doesn't have to be funtional, or logical, just pretty. Nature has its examples: the peacock. The female is brown, while the male (seeking to mate and gain attention) is brightly colored. Leave it to a dude to look all crazy just to get a chick to notice. stupid.

Most times, you could just talk to them. Save yourself the 50 grand on the car, the 2 grand on the low-end armani, and even the couple hundred for dinner and walk up to them. It works.

For example: I got picked up at a bar. I am sitting by myself going to get drinks for myself and friends, when a guy sits right next to me. (note that the rest of the bar was empty) He sits, leans over to me, and says : I'm sorry I sat so close to you, but the bar was really full. Not many empty seats.

Way to go C! no flashy anything. just a conversation. Impressive, even if you were tipsy. I figure if someone can be that on top of things after some drinks, they can handle themselves sober.

Moral of the story folks: you don't need to have bright feathers, but know how to use what you have.

and on that note... off to karate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See thats why I read this wedsite, its the valuable life lessons that I can attain, i mean some people read the New York Times, Others watch the Good Morning Show but I would rather read this because here and only HERE at this wonderful website can a man feel good about driving a Hyundai and talking with fine ladies at a gentlemenlike establishment,talking foolishly tipsy and still sparking interest by the female kind.......Bless you Tina, Bless you

Anonymous said...

By the way, um your a sissy for liking that bridge over the Grand Canyon, if you fall and break your neck you could sue for $40 mm dollars, if you die your family/loved ones/ future spouse will be taken care of and if the bridge actually holds then you are a witness probably one of the most amazing sights for mankind... So anyway you look at it,(Pun) you win (or your family/loved ones/ future spouse).......so stop being a Pu$$Y.........Always a pleasure

do you get jokes? said...

aw brez. were you tipsy when you wrote that? :) you can drive me around in your hyundai any time.

and as for the canyon... what good is the 40 mil gonna do me if I'm dead? I mean I love my family and I'm sure I'll love my future spouse, but why be a sacrifice?