Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Do you ever wonder ???

What the soundtrack of your life would be? Obviously it would be long, but have you ever really broken down your life like you would a movie?

Each segment or mini-plot line having its own theme, and therefore its own genre?

Okay, I commute. Today it took me 4.5 hours to get to work. Since this is obviously such an extreme expanse of my 24hrs, it should get a genre. How about...alternative rock. The kind of music that can range from slightly poppy to I-want-to-kill-myself-or-someone-in-the-car-next-to-me-because-their-music-sucks.... theme.

Then work, should be teen-beat style pop, (now channeling Britney and Lindsay) like :FCUK me...i am so hot and you want my job, don't worry, I'll become an addict because of the pressure and you can take it while I shave my head in a salon and chain smoke then do lines off of a skanky dude.....

Followed by vball, which should be angry, like... She F*ing HATES ME... and then mixed with Jay-z's 99 problems, or perhaps Danger Mouse's version...

Moving to family time, which would be oldies, maybe a nice Herman's Hermits tune... Henry VII?

Ending finally with sleep, bf and gf drama/interaction, and showering.... hum... perhaps “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes.

Yup, that seems like the best way to end my life soundtrack; with a song so hopelessly hopeful that one who has actually lived has nothing left to do but laugh at the implied irony, and one that is still awaiting life will smile and tear up a bit in anticipation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about when I fly to come see you (and vice versa) Could Michael Buble's "come Fly with Me" fit too perfectly, or is that just on this side of the pen? I mean you get all geared up making sure not to forget anything, and then its the akward sitting next to poepl you dont know, then for me its snoring and waking the people around me, while for you its the getting hit on by 70 year olds....but after fighting with 100 people to get your luggage, and waiting for waht seems like forever....they you are, and I instantaneosly get pumped and I turn you around to look at your sweet booty........So in retrospect, I guess that isnt the perfect song for the flights, hmmm got anything