Tuesday, September 06, 2005

nails, howling, symphony. and the west lawn.

On Sunday I worked. That's right, I dragged my best friend to my office and sat down for two hours on my day off to do work that had been edging upward in my mailbox. Oh boy was that fun.

Only, It was because I had someone to yell to when something made me mad, or when I forgot something. Company is a beautiful thing. I think its those times when I'm supremely happy I have friends, and I am saddened at the same time.

Actually, I think a breakdown of my weekend might elucidate that reaction to friend-time.

Friday, i got my nails done. That's right I sat in that massaging squishy chair while it rubbed out all of the rememberance of my week, had my feet and hands tended to by Michelle, to whom I gave a very large tip for being so nice to me and having to touch my feet (because anyone that does that and doesn't talk badly about me in vietnamese deserves a handsome reward) (note to self: work on learning vietnamese, because it's a requirement for those who want nice nails without having to do it yourself) I do however think its quite funny that the *itchy woman sitting next to me was getting cussed out in disguise, and michelle and I laughed through the whole thing as she explained to me what was happening.

Then I went to Targe' and got the last kanye cd, a book, and miss congeniality 2, because my dad has been dying to see it, that's right... my doctor/engineer father loves those dumb girlie movies that I sometimes watch. (It's not hard to love a man that loves legally blonde) Moved on to the grocery store and home.

Good times. Then spent the rest of the night with the rents. (still made me feel slightly lonely, as it wsa my first night home in a very long time) But, saturday came around, a trip to the bank, coffee, and a stop for a bag-o-ice. Then off to the AIRSHOW!!! I love airshows. (normally) In non-war times, an airshow is teeming with pretty/polished/buff men in uniform, tending to prop-jobs and other jets... *sigh* I love planes. Always have, and if I could see? I would be flying them right now, after having graduated from the naval academy. alas, I am not. But I can assure you that as knowledge of aircraft and females goes, I know more than most.

That's why I was sad to see that the formations were off during the blue angels performance. #3!!!! get your stuff together! where was the quick-stick movement? You made me want to cry. It's your whole job, you have sucked up for probably 5 years to get where you are #3, and you are slow the whole time? even your inverted diamond left much to be desired! For god's sake man! You are the Navy's PR. #'s 1-6 are the show guys, and we know you are probably a bit bitter that you aren't graced the new 18's yet, with the bigger wing expanses, but don't be bitter, you sucked up to long for that. grrrrr....

Anyway, it was fun, except for one glaring aspect. I was the only attendee in my group without a date. yea, ma&dad, then my bro&barbie. Both couples were adoreable, and made for each other. and then me. Thanks guys, really helpin with that... tina is supersingle thing. Kissing, hugging and handholding was everywhere. I kept picturing that scene from dodgeball:

White Goodman: We should mate.
Kate Veatch: What?
White Goodman: Date! We should date some time. Socially. Go out and kick it.
[looks like she's choking]
White Goodman: Are you okay?
Kate Veatch: I'm fine. I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
White Goodman: In some cultures, they only eat vomit. I never been there, but I read about it... *in a book*.

Then showered and went to b-more. I will howl at the moon anyday. I had a blast even if it my party was plagued with emphazema, and special "K" had her entire familial unit there. Whatever, I think the most entertaining part was the walk to the water with SARS and her cough. "NO WE ARE NOT IN A BRIDAL PARTY!" I swear we have blinking neon signs stating where we lived previously. Always entertaining.

Sunday was work with SARS, then I took her to lunch for being cool enough to sit while I ranted at my employer. Then to the most expensive mall ever, and the most beautiful dress I've ever seen at neimans. too babd I'm not a size four. Let me tell you though, that dress would make me consider workin down to that size just to wear it. Although, SARS pointed out that It's one of those dresses where everyone would be noticing the beauty of the dress rather than the wearer. So true.

Then a return trip to "sprung" and back on the road to the symphony. It was beautiful. the sun was setting, the music was calming, and the view was breathtaking, even for a seasoned dcer like myself.

The weekend made me sad, because as I explained to brez at 4am, I don't want a billion dates. I'm not good at dating. frankly I suck at it. :) I'm not bitter about it or anything, I do think that it will provide me with problems, but I don't care. I'm not complicated enough to maintain mulitple mini-relationships. I don't have the memory to remember my own birthday, much less someone's I've had dinner with twice. I'm no "Player".

If I had a dramatic life, or even a less busy one, I might be able to work it out, but I'm tired. I get up early, work, then think about work when I'm not there. I like it. I still wish I had someone that wasn't crazy that I could cuddle up to when I felt bad. Even love. I guess untill you have had that, you can't really miss it. Too bad I have had it, and I would give alot to have that comfort again.

PS. anyone like to comment on how important a "rebound" person is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea, ive never had one.........could be good , could be bad