Saturday, March 06, 2010

Years have passed.


This post is both the end and the begining of two parts of life. The end of starting to stimulate, and the moving on to disaffected in youth. Why?
My life has changed radically in the year or so since my last post; I got married, bought a house, and got promoted twice. I am no longer an early twenties girl that didn't understand her purpose in life... Now I'm a late twenties woman that doesn't understand her purpose in life.
Friends and family tell me that they are proud of me now that I'm an adult that can take care of herself. Honestly, I'm now a little less confident in my ability to do that, but I put on a good show I suppose.
Reality has set in, and although I am slightly older... That fact doesn't seem to help me. I'm amoungst the youngest in my field, and now I'm....*duh duh duhhhhhhhnnnnn* management.
I'm sure if I had stayed at the non-supervisory level I would be at the top of my game, feeling like no one could touch me and my analytical skills.
Instead... Surpising no one that has read this, I took-hold of everything that looked like an opportunity, and held on with every last fibre of myself.
I fought, scratched, and clawed my way to promotion after promotion; worked long hours and weekends, and managed to survive.
I realized along the way though, that surviving was not going to sustain life. My life especially, because I was no longer resillient. I stopped wanting to work, wanting to rebel and play video games all day in my glasses and pajamas. I was disaffected, dejected, and disappointed in the world.
I still am, although I am learning to deal with it. So with that, I will end seriously, and move to this new blog, disaffected.
I hope that this catalouge of life has entertained, but I know selfishly there are very few that have probably been allowed to read it. It has been a coping method, an exercise in determination and relaxation, and a sign that in life there are always thing that need renewal and lack the requirement for justification.
I have written for me, and I have enjoyed it.

- Posted using BlogPress

No comments: